- Passport book $145 total. ($110 application fees & $35 in execution cost.)
- Picture: $15.
- Putting aside a total of $160 will do the trick.
2. Application process…
- When applying for a passport the first time you will need to download and print the DS-11 Form from the State.gov website. Here is the link: https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds11.PDF
- You will need a certified copy of your birth certificate with a raised seal from the state you were born in. You can find the guidelines for proof of citizenship here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/citizenship-evidence.html
Places such as Walgreens, CVS, UPS & FedEx stores are the easiest and most convenient places to have your passport photos taken. These place are familiar with the passport photo guidelines & requirements and will print your photo in the appropriate size right before you. Links to these places are provided below.
- Walgreens: https://photo.walgreens.com/store/passport-photos
- CVS: https://www.cvs.com/photo/passport-photos
- UPS Store: https://www.theupsstore.com/store-services/passport-id-photos
- FedEx: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/printing/passport-photo.html
4. Make your appointment...
- Use this link to make an appointment at your local Post Office: https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/
- As a bonus FedEx offers all-inclusive passport services in their stores. Visit this link for details https://passportappointment.travel.state.gov/
- Also most local universities offer an all-inclusive passport process as well. Visit this link to get your passport processed at UNC- Wilmington by appointment only. https://uncw.edu/passports/
5. ENJOY AND SAFE TRAVELS!
Important Things to Remember:
- Most places require an appointment due to Covid 19.
- Make note of the processing times and correspond with your trip. Normal: 10-12 Week, Expedited: 4-6 Weeks (Added Fee)
- Remember the $110 fee is payable ONLY by CHECK or MONEY ORDER to the U.S. Department of State. The $35 processing fee can be paid in any other monetary form.